Web Desk View
When a support analyst enters Web Desk view, it will display a screen with their team’s current workload:
Web Desk is where analysts navigate to:
Check on their ticket workload.
Check on their team’s unassigned ticket workload.
Check on their team’s assigned ticket workload.
Search for incidents and requests using queries.
1. Toolbar - The black banner across the top of the page.
- The toolbar provides access to a number of features:
- Home - When you have a ticket open or are in query mode, clicking this link brings you back to the Web Desk home screen.
- Mail - Creates an email containing a link to the current Web Desk page.
- Print - Prints the current page, for example the incident window or the query results list that is displayed.
- Change Service Desk password - This password change link is not active and will not allow you to change your password.
- Search Field - This is to search for specific incidents or requests based on their ticket numbers in the system.
- Current group - This indicate which group you are logged into. If you are a member of multiple groups, you can click on the group name to toggle between different groups in Service Desk. By default, all tickets for each group you are a member of will display in the queue sections on this screen.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: when using the “assign to me” action when updating an incident or request, whatever group is displayed at this location will assign that incident or request to your name within that group. If you wish to have the assignment of the ticket be reflected under a different group, then toggle to that specific group from the drop-down and select “assign to me” from the action menu on the incident or request.
- Log off - To log off of Service Desk.
- Switch to Self Service - Toggles you to the Self Service view.
- Help - LANDESK’s reference pages for Service Desk functions.
2. My Workload - These are open incidents and requests and that are assigned to you. By default they are sorted by the "Submitted/Created" date. You can re-sort this display by clicking on any of the column headers.
3. My Teams - Unassigned Workload - These are open incidents and requests and that are assigned to your group, but not yet assigned to a technician. By default they are sorted by the "Submitted/Created" date. You can re-sort this display by clicking on any of the column headers.
4. My Teams - Assigned Workload - These are open incidents and requests and that are assigned to your group. By default they are sorted by the "Submitted/Created" date. You can re-sort this display by clicking on any of the column headers.
5. Shortcut Bar on Left - this shortcut bar allows you to navigate between the home screen (default view upon login) or the queries screen.
6. Queries - This opens up areas to do different types of searches.
- Incident Search - Search for incidents.
- Request Search - Search for service requests.
- VCU Asset Search - Search for asset tagged equipment logged in system.
- Remedy Ticket Search - Search for imported remedy ticket data.
- User Search - Search for clients that are in the Service Desk database.
- Support Group Rosters - Search for groups in Service Desk and their assigned analysts.
- Aging - Incidents - Displays a list of unresolved incidents for each group.
- Aging - Requests - Displays a list of unresolved requests for each group.
- Resolved Incident - Search for resolved incidents.
- Resolved Request - Search for resolved requests.
- Resolved Cases by Category - Search for resolved incidents and requests by category.
Questions or Comments?
Please submit all questions, comments, or requests regarding the Service Desk system by selecting one of the quick links on the Service Desk Support dashboard. If you do not currently have access to Service Desk, please contact the VCU IT Support Center at (804) 828-2227 for assistance.