Why is Windows Security Center reporting that my anti-virus protection is out of date?
First confirm Sophos is up to date.
- Right click the Sophos shield located in the lower right of the desktop's task bar.
- Click "Open Sophos Endpoint Security and Control"
- Look in the upper left corner under "Status" and see when the last update time was.
- If the last up date time is today, your Sophos program is up to date.
- If the last up date time is over two days old, close Sophos and follow step 6.
- Double click the Sophos shield to start a manual update.
- Once the update completes, open Sophos again and check the last update time.
- If the last update time is not today, See the first question on the FAQ list (Why is there a white X over the Sophos icon next to my clock).
The Windows Security Center has been known to get confused between the Sophos version on the computer and the up to date status of the Sophos application. This condition can last for weeks, until the Sophos version changes. While this is occurring, check the Sophos update status as shown above, once a week to confirm the updates are working.
This article was updated: 07/9/2013