Zoom Conferencing - Calling an H.323 Device
- Open Zoom on your desktop
- Choose "Start with Video" (at this point, you should see your own camera's image and a prompt to choose a microphone and speaker)
- At the bottom of the application window, choose "Invite"
- From the pop-up window, choose the last tab on the right: "Invite a Room System"
- Choose the second tab, "Call Out"
- In the field provided, enter the IP address of the device you're calling.
- Hit "Call"
- Open "Zoom" on your desktop
- Choose the "Meetings" icon on the top menu bar
This will open a window listing all your upcoming meetings, starting with your Personal Meeting Room, which is available any time, followed by whatever meetings you've scheduled manually. When you highlight a meeting from the list on the left, additional details -- including a link to share with your invitees -- will appear on the right.
- Choose the meeting you want your guests to call and make a note of the meeting ID number (it's 9 digits long) You had a "Personal Meeting Room" assigned to you when you got your Zoom account. If you prefer to hold your meeting in another "room," go to "home," then "Schedule" and create a meeting for this purpose. If it's not a one-time meeting, choose "recurring meeting" to have an ID number assigned to it, long-term.
- have your guests dial the IP address of Zoom's "Cloud Room Connector": 188.8.131.52
- when they get to the Room Connector welcome screen, have them enter the appropriate Meeting ID number. (They should leave out the "dashes")