Adding an Event to the Calendar
About VCU Events Calendar:
Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) sponsors thousands of events each year. The VCU Events Calendar allows you to schedule and publicize pre-approved, University-sponsored events. Specifically, the calendar is designed for non-course related events sponsored by a University department or registered student organization.
Please note: the Events Calendar is not a mechanism for scheduling facilities.
- VCU eID
- Navigate to http://events.vcu.edu/
- From the right-hand menu, select Submit an Event
- This link will take you to the Central Authentication Service (CAS) to verify your eID.
- Enter your VCU eID and password; click Log me in
- After you log in, click the Create a New Event button
- Submit information about your event. Items in red are required fields.
- After entering information about your event, click the Submit Event button.
- It takes two business days for a scheduled event to appear in the VCU Events Calendar.
- Contact the VCU webmaster if your event does not appear within two business days of submission.
The link listed in the above screen capture, Events Calendar Manager, allows you to view the status of your calendar event(s). An event status can be: active, awaiting approval, or archived. Following your event, an archive of the event is kept for 60 days. Clicking othe event name allows you to email the event or retrieve a map of the event location. This screen also allows you to modify your event's title, time, and place.
This article was updated: 07/10/2013