This is the preliminary (or launch) version of the 2020-21 VCU Bulletin. This edition includes all programs and courses approved by the publication deadline; however we may receive notification of additional program approvals after the launch. The final edition and full PDF version will include these updates and will be available in August prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
The chief administrative office for the School of Education is Oliver Hall, Room 2090. The dean is responsible for the overall operation of the school, while two associate deans and one assistant dean (associate dean for academic affairs, associate dean for research and faculty development, and assistant dean for student affairs and inclusive excellence) assist in the school’s administrative functions.
The school contains four academic departments: Counseling and Special Education, Educational Leadership, Foundations of Education, and Teaching and Learning. The school also supports a number of centers and institutes, including:
- Asian-American Educational Studies Center
- Center for Innovation in STEM Education
- Center for School-Community Collaboration
- Center for Teacher Leadership
- Child Development Center
- Metropolitan Educational Research Consortium
- Minority Educator Recruitment, Retention and Equity Center
- Partnership for People with Disabilities
- Rehabilitation Research and Training Center
- The Literacy Institute at VCU
- Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center