VCU Department of Biology administers overrides for most biology courses (listed as BIOL or BIOZ in eServices) through the Undergraduate Advising Office. Students seeking an override into a biology course must use the following online form to request it. Most courses and most override types are processed through this form. Please read through exceptions below before attempting to fill out form.
The following overrides/restrictions are not processed through this form:
- BIOL 493 Internship: This form should not be used to request overrides into internship or research courses. Internship requests should go through this location: BIOL 493 Override Request
- Research (BIOL/Z 395, BIOL 492 and BIOL 495): Registration requests should go through this location: Research based classes override request form
- Overrides for BIOL 205 Basic Human Anatomy, except prerequisite overrides: Click here to view enrollment policies for BIOL 205
- Level restriction overrides (Undergraduate, Graduate, First Professional): contact the Undergraduate Advising Office at email@example.com
- Maximum hour overloads: contact your academic adviser
- Time conflicts: contact the instructor for each course involved in the conflict to make necessary arrangements
- Closed sections with a capacity of zero (0): contact the instructor of the course
- Registration holds: contact VCU Records and Registration
Override Form Disclaimers
- Filling out this form does not automatically mean an override will be approved.
- The Biology Advising Office does not use this form as a waiting list.
- Size overrides are typically not approved as courses are typically set at capacity. Preference for size overrides is always given to graduating seniors who require the course to graduate.
- It is the student's choice and responsibility to register for a course after an override is granted.
Providing false information, failing to provide pertinent information, or misrepresenting yourself or your situation on this form may constitute a student conduct violation or academic integrity violation as defined by the VCU Office of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity. The Undergraduate Advising Office is duty-bound to report any suspected violations.
Biology Override Request Form
If the above button does not work, the form can be accessed via https://form.jotform.com/61446377101148.