VCU Human Research Protections Program – Winter Closing Holiday Schedule
The Human Research Protection Program (IRB) office will be closed for the holidays December 21, 2019 – January 5, 2020.
Investigators remain responsible for reporting to the IRB any unanticipated problems involving risk to subjects or others that occur during this time.
- For guidance on what constitutes an unanticipated problem, refer to the VCU IRB Written Policies and Procedure #VII-6. In addition, as always, investigators are responsible for taking any actions necessary to ensure the ongoing safety of research participants.
- To report an unanticipated problem involving risk to subjects or others:
- Follow the normal procedure for submitting the Report within RAMS-IRB.
- To seek guidance regarding an unanticipated problem or any emergency situation during the VCU Winter Closing holiday:
- Call 804-828-0868 and leave a message, including a phone number where you can be reached. Messages will be checked daily, and your call will be returned.
Please Note: With the exception of urgent reports for unanticipated problems or other emergencies, the office will not be processing or reviewing submissions during the closing. Investigators may therefore experience a delay in the review turnaround time for submissions received around the holidays. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
We wish you all Happy Holidays.Categories News and Updates, Uncategorized