New Faculty Success Certificate Program
Welcome! The following resources are intended to help individuals who are starting their first faculty position, often just out of graduate school or residency. If you have questions or would like to speak to someone about this longitudinal development opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
- The Smart Goal Worksheet can help with setting short- and long-term goals.
- The Values Identification activity was adapted from the activity here: http://www.taproot.com/archives/37771
- Powerpoint for the opening Kick-off session (may require sign in): Google Slide Deck
- Professionalism Committee – This group offers standards of behavior and consultations/referrals upon request.
- Both VCU and VCUHealth provides Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), a confidential consultation service around an issue affecting you. VCUHS EAP information is at this website. VCU EAP information is at this website. The phone number for your program is located on the back of your insurance card.
- Betsy Ripley, M.D., MS, RAC, Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs is available by email at Elizabeth.Ripley@vcuhealth.org.
To earn the certificate, you’ll need to attend eight SOM faculty development sessions in your first year of employment at VCU/VCUHealth. Four of these are required sessions in the Fall, starting with the opening values-based practice session in August.