Posted on October 12, 2020
I hope you are doing well! As you know, Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020 is Election Day with polls in Virginia open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. President Rao designated Election Day as a day off and you can view his election video message, which also includes reminders of important deadlines. Below are additional information and resources.
- Carol Anderson, author of the 2020 VCU Common Book, One Person, No Vote, will be speaking online Wednesday, Oct. 21. Registration can be found on this website. Copies of the book are available through VCU Libraries.
Information related to voting and polling locations:
- The University Student Commons and the VCU Institute for Contemporary Arts will serve as polling locations. Please note that not all residence halls or off-campus residences are served by these locations. Visit this website to view your polling location.
Information about ways to get involved and stay informed:
Self-wellness and support activities
- Fall Into Wellness 2020 Challenge: If you need a break from studying for midterms, or simply want something fun to do, visit The Well’s Fall Into Wellness challenge website.
- Group Exercise activities: Recreational Sports offers a variety of group exercise classes for all fitness levels. Please visit the Group Exercise website to learn more and to register.
- Keep on Being Well 2.0: The Division of Student Affairs wants every student to find ways to thrive and flourish, even during the tough times. Please visit the Keep on Being Well website for a complete list of resources.
- Resilience Lab: The Well offers weekly group meditation and individual Resilience Lab appointments in a virtual format via Zoom. Please check the Resilience Lab Calendar to make an appointment online.
Go Rams! Go Vote!
Reuban B. Rodriguez, Ed.D.
Associate Vice Provost and Dean of Students