At the intersection of business and creativity, you’ll find…
Dynamic partnerships with business leaders across the region
At the VCU School of Business, we cultivate relationships with Fortune 500 companies, family-owned firms and every kind of enterprise in between. It ensures our graduates are part of a strong network and are equipped to succeed.
We also bring in business leaders to share their expertise via special courses, seminars, panels, conferences, boards and advisory councils. They also serve as role models, mentors and guides to our students.
Since 1984, the Charles G. Thalhimer Family Executive-in-Residence program has brought nationally and internationally prominent business leaders to the VCU campus for interaction with students, faculty and community leaders.
Interested in partnering with the VCU School of Business? Explore these opportunities to connect and engage:
- Business Career Services
- Recruit from our business-ready graduates or get an early look at VCU talent through internships, summer employment and project work.
- Center for Corporate Education
- Attend corporate education events and programs throughout the year to enhance your knowledge, and in some cases, earn continuing education credits.
- Center for International Business Advancement
- Connect with VCU constituents who have a common interest in the global business environment. CIBA offers forums, courses, research, scholarships, grants and service undertakings.
- Consulting projects
- Hire our graduate students to tackle your organization’s challenges instead of hiring an expensive consulting firm.
- EXPLORE and CONNECT
- Interview and mentor our students through these programs that allow you to share your professional knowledge and positively impact future change-agents and leaders.
- Real Estate Market Participants Survey
- Participate and view results of the semi-annual research survey, which uses principles of anticipation to predict real estate market trends.
Business affinity groups
The VCU School of Business hosts a series of discussions on topics impacting key industries in the business community. Learn how you and your colleagues can join the conversation:
- Controller's Executive Roundtable
- Join CERT for professional development created for controllers of major companies. You’ll connect with peers, network with member companies and learn critical and emerging information.
- Real Estate Circle of Excellence
- Help advance the quality and relevance of the Kornblau Real Estate Program by sharing your practical, real-world expertise.
- VCU Family Business Forum
- Learn from experts and family business owners who address current issues of importance to family-owned firms.
- VCU Marketing Roundtable
- Collaborate with Richmond area senior marketing executives to foster professional collaboration, interaction with top students and professional development.
- VCU Sales Management Forum
- Connect with senior sales executives in the Richmond area to examine critical sales management issues, interact with top sales students and develop professionally.
Department advisory boards
Department advisory boards are composed of alumni and other industry leaders who advise the school on marketplace trends and hiring needs. Advisory board members often mentor students and may provide data to faculty for research and course projects.