The VCU Risk Management and Insurance Program is home to a nationally recognized program that prepares students for high-demand careers in risk management, financial services and other areas of the insurance industry.
Our degree programs include:
- B.S in finance, concentration in risk management and insurance
- B.S in financial technology, actuarial science track
- Minor in actuarial science (Starting Fall 2021)
- Minor in risk management and insurance (Starting Fall 2021)
Our students have access to:
- Networking — Attending VCU RMI events and career-enhancing meetings and conferences expose students to networking opportunities with industry leaders and professionals.
- Scholarships — Through ongoing industry support, we are able to offer significant scholarship funding each academic year
- Internships — Paid and for-credit internships with industry employers are available to students to provide real world experience bolster resumes
- Employment — Risk management insurance is a high-demand industry with 500,000 new jobs projected in the next five years.