There will not be a Bench Test Preparatory Course offered in 2020. We hope to offer this course again in 2021. Please check our website in January for any updates.
VCU offers a preparatory course in restorative dentistry for international dentists. This course is optimal for those who may need better preparation in operative dentistry and fixed prosthodontics. The course includes review of removable prosthodontics and treatment planning for the testing required by international programs in U.S. dental schools as part of their admissions process.
- Low faculty-to-student ratio
- A mock bench test
- Detailed review of the results
This course is not a prerequisite nor does it guarantee admission to any dental school.
- Operative dentistry
- Perform amalgam and composite preparations and restorations in the virtual reality and traditional mannequin labs.
- Fixed prosthodontics
- Perform a preparation and fabricate a temporary restoration on a posterior tooth for a PFM restoration.
- Perform a preparation and fabricate a temporary restoration on an anterior tooth for a full ceramic restoration.
- Removable prosthodontics
- Analyze and survey diagnostic casts.
- Design removable partial denture prostheses appropriate for different edentulous configurations.
- Treatment planning
- Review simple and complex treatment planning, caries risk assessment, sequencing of treatment plan, presentation of plan, informed consent and modifications to treatment plan.
|Enrollment:||Limited to 18 participants|
|Dates:||To be determined|
|Location:||Virginia Commonwealth University|
School of Dentistry
520 North 12th Street
Richmond, Virginia 23298
For an additional $750, hotel accommodations for Sunday through Thursday nights, daily breakfast and transportation to and from the VCU School of Dentistry will be provided. All hotel rooms will be single occupancy.
- All dental instruments and materials
- Operative dentistry tooth preparation models
- Fixed prosthodontic tooth preparation models
- Mock bench test and an individualized report of results
- Daily lunch
- Certificate of completion
Students will be able to take practice dentoforms with them at the end of the course.
The VCU School of Dentistry Office of the International Dentist Program reserves the right to end registration when the enrollment limit is reached and to cancel, modify or alter content, faculty or location of the course if any circumstances indicate such a change is advisable. If the International Dentist Program Office finds it necessary to cancel a course, a full refund will be issued. No travel expenses will be refunded to the registrant in the event of course cancellation or cancellation of any registration. No refunds will be issued if a registrant cancels their registration. VCU will assess a $50.00 fee to all returned checks.
For additional information please contact:
International Dentist Program
Virginia Commonwealth University
School of Dentistry
520 North 12th Street, Suite 309
Richmond, Virginia 23298-0566
Phone: (804) 828-9196