Area: Finance, Insurance and Real Estate
- Snead Hall
- 301 W. Main Street
- Box 844000
- Richmond, VA, 23284-4000
- Office: B4145
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Undergraduate: Financial Modeling, Investments, Financial Management; Graduate: Investments
- Corporate finance, corporate governance, corporate investment, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate restructuring.
Dr. Straska joined the Department of Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate in VCU's School of Business in August 2011. Prior to joining VCU she was a faculty member at Ohio University where she taught undergraduate courses in corporate finance, investments, and financial modeling. In July 2010, she received the Finance Teacher of the Year award from the graduating class of finance majors.
Published Intellectual Contributions
- Straska, M., Waller, H. G. (2014). Antitakeover Provisions and Shareholder Wealth: A Survey of the Literature. (vol. 49 (4), pp.933-956). Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
- Offenberg, D., Straska, M., Waller, H. G. (2014). Who Gains From Buying Bad Bidders?. (vol. 49 (2), pp.513-540). Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
- Sibilkov, V., Straska, M., Waller, H. G. (2013). The Value Implications of Restrictions on Asset Sales. (vol. 22 (3), pp.98-108). Review of Financial Economics.
- Sibilkov, V., Straska, M., Waller, H. G. (2013). Do Firms Use M&A Business to Pay for Analyst Coverage?. (vol. 48 (4), pp.725-751). The Financial Review.
- Straska, M., Waller, H. G., Yu, Y. (2012). Does Investment Improve When Firms Go Private?. (vol. 38 (2), pp.124-142). Managerial Finance.
- Waller, H., Straska, M. (2010). Do Antitakeover Provisions Harm Shareholders?. (4 ed., vol. 16, pp.487-498). Journal of Corporate Finance.