AboutConstructionEngineering & UtilitiesFinancial ServicesParking & TransPhysical PlantPlanning & DesignSpace ManagementSustainabilityCOVID-19

Physical Plant

Home > Physical Plant > Surplus Property

Surplus Property

Request service

Click the "Facilities Self Service" button below to request a facility service or report a facility issue.

You can also request a surplus property service via the Physical Plant Surplus Form. [PDF]

Facilities Self Service

The Surplus Property Department is responsible for evaluating excess university personal property to determine the most cost-effective method for disposal. This includes reuse to other university departments, reuse to entities outside of the university, recycling and disposal into the waste stream. Once this determination has been made, the Surplus Property Manager will assist in making arrangements with Materials Management to have the property removed.

To initiate this process, please submit a reimbursable work request for surplus property pickup by calling (804) 828-9444, faxing (804) 828-8516 or on the Web at Facilities Self Service.


The university encourages reusing serviceable furniture and equipment. Departments in need of reused materials can call the materials management supervisor at (804) 828-5909 to inquire about the availability of items.

Department personnel are encouraged to view the reusable items by scheduling an appointment at the reuse warehouse to inspect the available materials. Unlike other avenues of obtaining used furniture and/or equipment, there is no cost for these items, but departments will be charged for transporation from the warehouse to the department's location.  


Virginia Commonwealth University
Division of Administration
700 W. Grace St., Suite 2200
Box 842502
Richmond, VA 23284-2502
Page last updated 02/23/2021 | Edit

Customer Service: (804) 828-9444
Administrative Office: (804) 828-9647
Email: askfmd@vcu.edu
Privacy | Accessibility | Webmaster | View Text Version

View graphic version