The FILL provides resources and programs to support student success and belonging in the Department of Focused Inquiry (FI).
We offer peer mentoring, workshops, and other resources so that you can:
- take ownership of your FI coursework
- increase your academic confidence
- meet and network with faculty, staff, and other students
- practice peer review (important for science students!)
- practice receiving feedback on your work (important for many careers)
- save time getting started on assignments (come see us if you tend to drag out starting a new assignment)
- make the most out of your time in college
Any student can benefit from our services. Even if you're doing well, we can help you thrive by networking or refining your work, for example. Or, if you're just plain confused, we can help you too!
Fall 2021 hours (beginning Wed 8/25): Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
Have an idea for a workshop or resource? Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule a virtual OR in-person appointment with a FILL Peer Mentor in Navigate. You can also check Navigate for our drop-in hours.
FILL Peer Mentors are VCU students who have successfully completed UNIV 111, 112, and 200. We are here to support you in reaching your full potential in those courses. We can help with class presentations, MLA/APA citations, how to talk to your professor, and information about other VCU resources. If you have a question and don't know who to ask, ask us! If we can't answer it, we'll work to connect you with someone who can.
Laptop and Equipment Checkout
Request to check out a laptop or other equipment by submitting the FILL Equipment Check-out Agreement or stopping by the FILL. Available equipment:
- Dell laptop
- Mac laptop
- Noise-canceling headphones
- Trackball mouse
- Ergonomic keyboard
- 64 GB flash drive
- Adjustable smartphone clamp
- Smartphone tripod
We are located in Harris Hall Room 5116, right across the main elevators on the 5th floor.