ELP students [View Image]
ELP class fees (for 22 credits - full-time)
Housing and food (estimated)
Required health insurance (estimated)
University Student Health Services Fee
Books and supplies for class (estimated)
*The cost per credit hours is $225 USD.
Written Communication 1
Oral Communication 1
Written Communication 2
Oral Communication 2
Written Communication 3
Oral Communication 3
Advanced Written Communication
Advanced Oral Communication
All payments are handled by the VCU Student Accounting Office.
VCU does not send bills by mail. You will receive an email to your VCU email account, which will tell you how much you need to pay and when the money is due.
Pay in person at the Cashier’s Office by cash, check, or money order.
Pay online through your VCU eServices account, using a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card. Please be aware that there is a 2.75% interest fee for credit or debit transactions.
Application fee: $70
▪ All students are required to pay an application fee. The cost of express mailing (through UPS) is included in this fee.
Placement test fee: $100
▪ All new students are required to take the placement test before registering in classes. This test determines which classes you will take in the program.
University Student Health Services Fee: $112
▪ If you are enrolled in 12 credits or more, you are required to pay this fee.
▪ The health fee covers all visits to Student Health Services during the semester. It is NOT health insurance. That must be purchased separately.
Tuberculosis skin test: $15
▪ This test is required for most international students by the Virginia Health Department.
Chest X-ray: $57
▪ If your tuberculosis skin test is positive, you will be required to have a chest X-ray. You should come prepared to pay this fee, just in case.
Fall and Spring sessions:
100% back if class is dropped before the first week of classes ends
80%- during 2nd week of classes
60%- during 3rd week of classes
40% during 4th week of classes
$0 after 4th week of classes ends
100% on or before the 1st day of classes
$0 after the 1st day of classes
If a course is dropped after the add/drop period then you will get a W grade (withdrawn). The course will still appear on your official transcript.