Graduate Student Organizations
The VCU Graduate Student Association (VCU GSA) serves as an advocate for graduate students at VCU. It sponsors events such as meet-and-greets, monthly socials and the annual Graduate Research Symposium that are designed to enhance academic skills, provide professional development opportunities and facilitate an active social environment.
The GSA and the Graduate School work together to assist students with travel costs for academic conferences. The GSA places students on campuswide committees to ensure concerns of graduate students are heard.
For more information about the GSA, bylaws, the Executive Committee, etc.: VCU GSA
Other graduate student organizations
The GSA is responsible for appropriating program funds for all VCU graduate student organizations. Each organization is required to submit a proposed budget in the spring for the following academic year. The GSA appropriations committee is charged with receiving, hearing arguments for and deciding on the actual amount that each organization will be given and for what purpose.
Currently, the following organizations are recognized as VCU graduate student organizations. Find information and join these groups by visiting RamsConnect.
- Art History Graduate Student Association
- Black Graduate Student Association
- Chemistry Graduate Student Organization
- Counselor Education Student Networking Association
- Department of Art History
- Department of Biology
- Engineering Graduate Student Association
- Graduate Artists Association
- Graduate Organization of Biology Students
- Graduate Writers Association
- Latinx Graduate Student Association
- Master of Social Work Student Association
- Organization of Photographic Arts
- Pharmacology and Toxicology Student Organization (PTSO)
- Public Administration Student Association
- Queer Graduates for Advocacy and Development (QGrad)
- Rams for the Advancement of Management Studies
- School of Social Work Doctoral Student Association
- Urban and Regional Planning Student Association
- Women in Science