View graphic version
Good To Know...
- MoodGYM is a free online program that offers Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for depression, anxiety, stress management, and more.
- DBT Self Help offers info about Dialectal Behavior Therapy by those who have received DBT.
- healthtalk.org by the University of Oxford provides reliable health information and patient support in a unique manner by sharing people's real life experiences of a wide range of health issues.
Mindfulness & Stress Reduction
- Mindfulness apps: Buddhify, Calm, Headspace, Omvana, Stop, Breathe, Think
- Ted Talks & YouTube: The Well offers some great links on their mental health and mindfulness website. Also check out Happiness by Shawn Achor and Just Breathe by Julie and Josh Salzman.
- The Free Mindfulness Project offers a collection of free mindfulness exercises and apps for download.
- Regular exercise can reduce stress, anxiety, and depression. It doesn't matter if you prefer the gym , the outdoors, or the privacy of your home. Check out the extensive amenities at Cary Street Gym & MCV Recreation Center. They offer a huge variety of free classes (from Aqua Bootcamp to Yoga), outdoor adventure activities, and wellness programs.
- Project Yoga Richmond