Guaranteed Admission Program for Biostatistics: Requirements
In order to retain membership in the Honors College Guaranteed Admission Program for Biostatistics, all Guaranteed Admission students MUST
- Graduate with University Honors
- Submit their Honors graduation application by the stated deadline
- Present a cumulative 3.5 GPA
- Complete all prerequisites for admission to the M.S. in Biostatistics
- If you wish to take required coursework from either an institution other than VCU or in summer session at VCU, then you must obtain advance permission from the Coordinator of Student Outreach.
- Complete a minimum of five hours of shadowing in the biostatistics consulting lab in the senior year.
- Engage in professional behavior at all times. Any institutional or legal sanction will result in dismissal from the Guaranteed Admission Program.
- Monitor your vcu.edu email daily during your entire undergraduate program, including summer sessions and breaks. If you will be (or anticipate being) without email access for more than seven (7) consecutive days, you must notify the Coordinator of Student Outreach of alternate ways of communication and provide the date when you will again have email access.
- Complete a graduate school application for VCU and submit it along with official transcripts from all colleges and universities where you’ve earned college credit. These materials must be submitted by January 15 prior to the fall semester of enrollment. You must also provide the Coordinator of Student Outreach documentation of your application within five (5) days of submission.
- Meet with the Coordinator of Student Outreach fall semester of your senior year for academic advising. Students who fail to receive advising from the Coordinator of Student Outreach prior to the beginning of Honors registration will be placed on hold for registration until they secure such advising.
- Attend all meetings of Guaranteed Admission students as directed by the Coordinator of Student Outreach, and meet with the Coordinator upon request
Student records will be reviewed every semester to determine compliance with the requirements. If a student fails to complete the requirements of the Guaranteed Admission Program for Biostatistics, this will result in dismissal from the Honors College Guaranteed Admission Program for Biostatistics.