First-year students must attend New Student Orientation on a date reserved for their school or college.
First-year Summer Orientation dates
Summer Orientation is a two-day program for first-year students enrolling in classes for Fall 2019. NSO will be held on the following dates for each school/college.
- Art Foundation/Arts: June 17-18, June 20-21, June 24-25, June 27-28, July 8-9, July 11-12
- Business: July 8-9, July 15-16, July 18-19, July 22-23, July 25-26
- Engineering: June 17-18, June 20-21, June 24-25, July 8-9, July 11-12, July 18-19, July 22-23
- Honors: June 17-18, June 20-21, June 24-25, June 27-28, July 8-9, July 11-12
- Humanities and Sciences: June 17-18, June 20-21, June 24-25, June 27-28, July 8-9, July 11-12, July 15-16, July 18-19, July 22-23, July 25-26
- Life Sciences: June 17-18, July 11-12
- Social Work: June 24-25, July 8-9
- University College (Interdisciplinary Studies majors only): July 8-9
- Wilder School: June 24-25, July 8-9, July 15-16, July 25-26
A nonrefundable program fee is required for all students and guests attending NSO and charged during online registration. Fee waivers are not available.
- Summer orientation, first-year students: $175 students/$50 per guest
- Winter orientation: $100 students/$25 per guest
Student fees cover lunch and dinner on day one, breakfast on day two, parking, facility fees, orientation staffing, program materials and overnight accommodations (only during summer orientation) in addition to programs and services designed to support new students during their first year.
The guest fee covers lunch and an afternoon reception on day one, facility fees, orientation staffing, program materials, and programs and services designed to support new families.
During NSO, most meals are provided at the Shafer Court Dining Center. There, you’ll find plenty of options that are sure to meet your dietary needs. You can also purchase snacks at vendors throughout campus.
Orientation attendees should download the Ram Guide app from the App Store or Google Play. After downloading the app, search for the Orientation 2019-2020 guide by clicking on the magnifying glass icon. Download the Orientation guide. Then utilize the menu (the three bars in the upper left hand corner) to access the First-Year Schedules. Then select your date and schedule type (student or family) to see all of the events!
You may also view all of the orientation events by visiting http://guidebook.com/guide/102945.