Michelle Legg, MSN, RNClinical Instructor
Adult Health and Nursing Systems
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3036
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I teach in the undergraduate curriculum, primarily with clinical rotations in the adult medical/surgical area. I am a clinical instructor for NURS 202 Technologies of Nursing Practice and NURS 425 Nursing of Adults II. Integrated distance learning for the clinical setting from March 2020 through current course load via Zoom and Blackboard Collaborate.
I am a member of the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) and an active member of the Greater Richmond Area Chapter of the AACN and am engaged with the Nursing Students Without Borders Program.
My interest lies in using innovative strategies to enhance student learning that prepares our nursing students for professional nursing practice. I am also interested in improving symptom management (palliative care) and patient education for patients with Heart Failure, and improving the understanding of end-of-life care. Additionally important are interprofessional education and practice, and health policy with regard to patient care as well as advocacy for providers.
- B.A. Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, VA American Studies
- B.S. Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA Nursing
- M.S.N. George Mason University, Fairfax, VA Nursing, Nurse Educator
- 05/19 Care Coordination Week of the Nurse Educator Award VCU Health
- 05/18 “Guided By Why Award” Greater Richmond Area Chapter of AACN
- 03/14 Sigma Theta Tau, Epsilon Zeta Chapter Nursing Honor Society GMU School of Nursing
- 01/11 “Stand Tall Award” Greater Richmond Area Chapter of AACN
- 05/10 Member of the Year Greater Richmond Area Chapter of AACN
- 03/10 Nurse in Washington Internship Program AACN & Nursing Organizations Alliance Scholarship
- 12/05 Marguerite G. Nicholson Award for Humanitarian Qualities, VCU School of Nursing
2020 The Highlands of Guatemala – Nursing Students Without Borders with Dr. Leigh Ann Breckenridge VCU SON Council for Community Collaborations