Table of Contents
- Business Services
- HEETF Purchases at RamTech
- Mail Services’ Holiday Hours
- Grants & Contracts Accounting
- Online Training Opportunities
- Current and Upcoming Certification Periods
- Prior Certification Periods
- Procurement Services
- New SWaM Site Launched
- Year-End Check Run Calendar Available
HEETF Purchases at RamTech
Departments that have received approval to purchase equipment from the Higher Education Equipment Trust Fund (HEETF) are encouraged to purchase Apple® computers, laptops, tablets and accessories through RamTech, VCU’s on-campus technology store. As an Apple Authorized Campus Store, RamTech offers education pricing on Apple laptops and desktops. RamTech also accepts departmental Banner index codes, thus eliminating the credit card fees and bank charges typically associated with P-Cards. RamTech provides free shipping for all departmental orders.
For questions, contact Erinn Budd at email@example.com or 804-828-TECH.
Mail Services’ Holiday Hours
VCU Mail Services will be closed for the university’s holidays on December 24- 25 and January 1, 2021. Our facilities will be open December 21-23 and December 28-31 from 8 am- 12 pm on MCV Campus and from 10 am- 12 pm on the Monroe Park Campus.
All incoming mail will be sorted and posted to the mailboxes daily. All outgoing mail received before the facilities close will be processed the same day.
Departments currently receiving pickup and delivery services must contact VCU Mail Services in writing or by email to request services during the winter closing. Otherwise, mail deliveries will resume on Monday, January 4, 2021.
Grants & Contracts Accounting
Online Training Opportunities:
This month, we will be highlighting an NCURA YouTube Tuesday video on the topic of Cost Transfers.
NCURA YouTube Tuesday - Cost Transfers
Related VCU Cost Transfer training materials:
This year’s RAMS fall forum consisted of a series of five webinars focusing on the topic “Data and VC(you)U”. The recordings of the five sessions held throughout the fall semester are now available.
Please contact Cathy Short (Training Manager, OSP/G&C, (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any research administration training related questions.
Current and Upcoming Certification Periods
The Quarterly Effort Period 06/10/20 - 09/09/20 recently opened for certification on October 15, 2020 and will conclude on December 14, 2020.
Prior Certification Periods
- The Summer Semester Effort Period 05/10/20 - 08/09/20 contains effort statements awaiting certification. Effort Reporting will be in contact with the appropriate parties.
- The Quarterly Effort Period 03/10/20 - 06/09/20 contains effort statements awaiting certification. Effort Reporting will be in contact with the appropriate parties.
- The Semi-Annual Effort Period 12/10/19 - 06/09/20 recently ended on October 21, 2020. There are still effort statements awaiting certification and the effort team will be in contact with the appropriate parties.
- The Semi-Annual Effort Period 06/10/19 - 12/10/19 still has effort statements awaiting certification. Effort Reporting will be in contact with the appropriate parties.
On behalf of Grants and Contracts Accounting and Effort Reporting, we appreciate your continued partnership and assistance. Thank you. Take care
New SWaM Site Launched
Procurement Services is excited to announce a new Procurement Services SWaM webpage to accompany the new SWaMSearch feature, which we launched in November of this year. The new SWaM website provides a simplified visitor experience prioritizing crucial information, highlighting the new SWaMSearch.com web tool, and offering helpful information to vendors and departments.
Year-End Check Run Calendar Available
Procurement Services has added Check Run Calendar to our website to help departments identify which days a check run will be completed. We will periodically update the calendar to reflect current and planned check runs so departments can plan accordingly.
You can find the calendar linked on the Accounts Payable Document Library.