Need a vaccine? Learn how to get your shot at Vaccinate.Virginia.gov or call 1-877-VAX-IN-VA, Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Language translation available, TTY users dial 7-1-1.
We are pleased to announce that Rec Sports facility operations are transitioning to full operations.
Masks are not required for those who are vaccinated. Vaccinated community members who wish to wear a mask out of an abundance of caution are encouraged to do so.
Masks are still required of all unvaccinated patrons age 5 and up, at all indoor Recreational Sports facilities, including during exercise and using equipment. The only exception is while in the pool or showering.
We no longer require Workout Reservations at the Cary Street Gym or MCV Campus Recreation Center.
Over the coming weeks, our team will be removing COVID-related barriers and signage and resetting equipment. Spaces and activities that have been offline, such as the Mind/Body Study, MAT Room, and the courts will resume normal activities. As activity spaces come back online, we will make additional equipment available at the front desk for the time-being. We anticipate reopening the Cary Street Gym Equipment Checkout on/around June 28.
Effective July 1
- We will begin selling guest passes and alumni/community memberships. Community members can begin registering for programs immediately, as applicable.
- VCU Students and Faculty/Staff are expected to show their VCU Entry Pass (through the VCU Mobile App) upon entering the facility.
- Other Members (ie. Community, Alumni & Affiliate) are asked to review signage, confirm they are symptom-free and will follow building expectations (such as cleaning equipment, wearing a mask, and remaining physically distant, if unvaccinated, prior to entering the facility.
Visit the OneVCU website for information about vaccine availability, VCU’s health and safety guidelines, and plans for Fall 2021 return to campus.
Help Keep our Facilities Safe for All
If you are unvaccinated, you are still expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Wear a mask at all times while inside of VCU Recreational Sports facilities.
- Respect space capacity restrictions and practice proper physical distancing (10 feet in fitness centers).
We encourage all patrons to continue the following practices to minimize the spread of viral infections.
- Disinfect equipment before and after use. Disinfectant spray and cleaning clothes will remain available in the fitness center. Wipes are also stationed around the facility.
- We encourage you to bring a water bottle. Water stations are currently hands-free and water bottles must be used. We anticipate reopening water fountains in the near future.
- Wash your hands frequently, minimize touching surfaces and use hand sanitizer.
In This Section
Due to the nature of infectious diseases like COVID-19, no physical environment is free of the risk of transmission. Our precautions are designed to mitigate, but cannot eliminate, this risk.