Outdoor Adventure Program
Climbing and Bouldering
An OAP staff member instructs two students at the climbing wall. The instructor holds belay ropes. All three are wearing masks. [View Image]
Spring 2021 roped climbing hours are
- Monday - Friday 2:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday CLOSED
- Sunday 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
The Cary Street Gym Climbing area features a 35-foot climbing wall with six top rope and one lead climbing routes. This area also features one freestanding and 18-foot bouldering section.
- There is no additional cost to members or guests to use the climbing area.
- The Climbing Wall is a chalk free area. However, liquid chalk is allowed.
- Climbers must sign up for a facility access reservation to enter the Cary Street Gym, but do not need to reserve a climbing time.
- all bouldering is drop-in any time the building is open, and roped climbing drop-in is available during posted hours.
- All climbers must wash and/or sanitize their hands before entering the climbing wall floor or picking up rental equipment.
- A maximum of 8 climbers may be on the climbing wall floor at any given time.
Program Modifications Climbing Wall
- Climbing harnesses & shoes are available for free rental
- Only OAP staff are permitted to belay climbers at the Wall, to limit the rope surface contact for climbers.
- Lead climbing is only available during climbing clinics, which must be registered for in advance.
- Patrons can register for climbing clinics online. Use the links in the clinic schedule below.
Belay Clinics will be held every Wednesday through August 18, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.