green plant in front of a peach background [View Image]

Controlled Substances




Closing Out Registrations

Registrants wishing to terminate their active registration(s) must inform the DEA and the Virginia Board of Pharmacy of their intent to terminate. Contact for the form that must be submitted to the DEA and the Virginia Board of Pharmacy when closing out a registration.


All individuals involved in the use of controlled substances must complete training prior to handling any controlled substance. Individuals can self-enroll on the Blackboard Training site here.

  1. Log in to Blackboard using your VCU eID and Password
  2. Click on the Courses link on the top of the page
  3. Under Course Search, type controlled substances and click Go
  4. Place cursor over appropriate course, then click on the down arrow and select Enroll.
  5. After completion of the training course, print the page reflecting your score or the Course Completion Certificate.
  6. Authorized Users must provide Registrants with the page reflecting their score or their Course Completion Certificate, so that it can be kept with the Authorized Users’ Personnel Screening Forms.

Buprenorphine SR/SR LAB


For Assistance

View graphic version