Submission Guidelines for Theses and Dissertations
1. Make sure your electronic thesis or dissertation (ETD) is in a recommended format, as listed as About Scholars Compass. PDF is preferred.
2. Write an abstract for your ETD. Please also select keywords. These are words that will help a user locate your ETD through a search.
3. Submit the ETD by clicking on the link "Submit Research." If you have not already created an account with VCU Scholars Compass, you will need to do so before proceeding.
4. After logging in, you will be asked to agree to a Submission Agreement. After that, you will fill out information about your ETD before uploading it for approval.
5. After you submit your paper, the Graduate School will notify you by e-mail when the ETD is approved and made available.