- School of Education
- Full Directory
Valerie Robnolt, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Teaching and LearningValerie Robnolt, Ph.D. [View Image]
- Ph.D. in reading education, University of Virginia
- M.Ed. in elementary education, James Madison University
- B.A. in psychology, University of Virginia
Professional development and literacy processes, including supporting teachers to improve instruction for English language learners and to implement Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Served as president of the Virginia State Reading Association from 2012-13
- Awarded the VCU School of Education’s Charles P. Ruch Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2013
- Awarded the VCU School of Education’s Faculty Service Award in 2008 and 2013
- Laster, B. P., Jones, J., Ankrum, J. W., Robnolt, V., & Marinak, B. (2014). 10 RTI tasks for principals. Principal, 93(4), 38-39.
- Robnolt, V.J, & Rhodes, J. A. (2014). Study skills in the digital age. In D. J. Loveless, B. Griffith, M. E. Berci, E. Ortlieb, & P. M. Sullivan, Academic Knowledge Construction and Multimodal Curriculum Development (pp. 256-264). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Robnolt, V.J (2011). Preparation for learning. In J.S. Richardson, R.F. Morgan, & C.E. Fleener, Reading to Learn in the Content Areas (8th ed., pp. 51-78). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
- Robnolt, V.J (2011). Writing to learn in the content areas. In J.S. Richardson, R.F. Morgan, & C.E. Fleener, Reading to Learn in the Content Areas (8th ed., pp. 212-252). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
Dr. Valerie Robnolt has more than 20 years of teaching experience as an elementary classroom teacher, reading specialist, literacy coordinator and college professor. She currently teaches methods of teaching reading and language arts to pre-service and inservice teachers, among other duties within the VCU School of Education.
Robnolt is currently a member and regularly presents at the annual meetings of the Association of Literacy Educators and Researchers, Literacy Research Association, the International Literacy Association and Virginia State Reading Association.