Welcome to the School of Education Communications Portal, a one-stop-shop for all your communications needs. This portal is designed for the use of VCU School of Education faculty, staff and students. For questions regarding the portal, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Google Forms in the bulleted list below have been simplified into one new Smartsheet Form. Smartsheet is collaboration/work management software that allows us to manage our work with a simple user interface. Each of the items below are now available as drop-downs in the Smartsheet Form, meaning that you can now make multiple communications requests for a single project or event using just one form (i.e., when you have a speaker event where you need an email graphic, social media push, and to add it to the SOE calendar).
- Calendar of Events Request: Select if you would like something added to our SOE calendar.
- Marketing/Graphic Design Materials Request: Select if you would like something new developed by our graphic designer (email graphic, social media graphic, mailed item, etc.). This includes requests for faculty and staff recruitment ads (formerly its own separate category). Note: If you want a social media graphic to be created AND promoted on our SOE channels, please select both this item as well as Social Media Post Request.
- Publication/Story Idea Submission: Have you recently (meaning, in 2019 or 2020) had an article published in a peer-reviewed publication, a chapter published in a book, or an entire book published? Do you have news about your department, research, center, faculty, students, or alumni that you would like to share externally? A new grant? An award? A newsworthy event coming up that would be worth writing about and sharing on social media? Share it with our team and you’ll receive an update if the story has been approved and moved forward.
- Social Media Post Request: Select this option if you would like something posted on our SOE social media channels. Please allow at least one full business week to post. You have the option of requesting a new graphic (see Marketing/Graphic Design Materials Request above) or attaching a graphic/picture that you would like to post.
- Website Content Edit/Development Request: Select if you have an update to a page on our SOE website, would like to update your CV/resume on your directory page, or request development of a larger website project or redesign.
The two items below continue to use Google Forms for submitting requests.
- Join our List-serve: This form is intended for teachers, administrators, alumni, donors, students, faculty and staff who want to stay informed about the latest news and professional development opportunities within the VCU School of Education.
- Request SOE Swag/Printed Items: This form is used to request SOE-branded items for events that support student recruitment and school promotion. Please allow 2-3 days for review and approval of requests. If approved, requests will be assembled for pick-up in the Dean's Office.
- View Photo Gallery: Use this link to view recent and past photos of various VCU SOE events. Please review our photography guidelines for additional information. Please upload all VCU SOE related photography to the Flickr account, or send along to a SOE communications staff member to do so.
- Communications Guidelines: Review VCU branding and style guidelines and other SOE policies (photography, signature, social media, out of office message).
- Download Templates & Logos: Access SOE logos and branded templates for all your communications needs.
- Social Media: Access SOE social media channels and VCU social media policies.