Nov. 19, 2020
The town hall was an opportunity for students to meet our new dean and to engage the Dean's Office in conversation.
town hall meeting [View Image]
In addition to Dean Jennifer Malat, panelists from the Dean's Office included:
- James Mays, Ph.D., associate dean for undergraduate academic studies
- Alaina Campbell, director of science advising
- Juliana Rasnic, director of humanities and social sciences advising
- Tyler Conrad, events and communications manager
There were also numerous students from the CHS Student Leadership Council on the panel. Led by President Jasmine Jones, they shared student stories from this semester and asked the Dean’s Office questions.
- the dean’s top priorities for the College
- the role of mental health in student learning
- suggestions for how to improve faculty responsiveness to email
- advice for students considering graduate school
- academic integrity as related to online learning
- the new College general education program and the effect on current students
- internships and experiential learning in the time of COVID
- the College’s plan for virtual graduation this December
- the cost of college and what student fees cover
Watch the Video
For general tips for online learning and a complete list of resources, including technology accessibility resources, please visit VCU's Keep On Learning website.
Health and Well-Being Resources
The Campus Learning Center, Writing Center and Advising can all be accessed via Navigate.