Nondegree-seeking students may register for up to 11 credit hours at Virginia Commonwealth University during Summer Studies. Read more about nondegree-seeking admissions.
Students currently seeking a baccalaureate degree at another college or university can register as a transient student if they:
- Are in good standing with their home institution.
- Obtain approval from their home institution. Students should check with their advisor at their current school before registering for classes.
How to register
VCU is now accepting online applications from nondegree-seeking students for the Summer 2020 semester. Apply online.
Nondegree-seeking students can also apply in person at Records and Registration. Questions about this process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bring a picture ID and the following:
- New student form
- Certificate of Eligibility form
- Course request form (or register with eServices later)
- Application for in-state tuition (If you are under 24, a portion of this form must be filled out by a parent or legal guardian if you wish to apply for in-state residency.)
Summer-only students, or those who plan to complete degrees elsewhere, are encouraged but not required to see an advisor. To schedule an appointment, call University Academic Advising at (804) 827-8648.