VCU Sustainability Committee
The VCU Sustainability Committee was instituted as part of VCU’s signing of the American Colleges and Universities Presidents Climate Commitment in April 2008. The initial mission of the committee was to draft the VCU Climate Action Plan (CAP) by May 2010 in accordance with the Presidents Climate Commitment.
The current responsibilities of the VCU Sustainability Committee are:
- Oversee CAP implementation;
- Recommend GHG emissions reduction projects consistent with the CAP goal;
- Recommend corrective action as required to keep VCU on track with long-term CAP goals;
- Evaluate and communicate project performance to internal and external stakeholders;
- Communicate and engage with internal and external stakeholders to further the objectives of the CAP and its success; and
- Ensure compliance with all ACUPCC and AASHE requirements.
Subcommittees affiliated with the VCU Sustainability Committee include:
- Academics and Research
- Community Engagement
- Planning and Administration