Selected publications by Hassan Sedaghat
A. Books, monographs and book chapters
1. Form Symmetries and Reductions of Order in Difference Equations, CRC Press/Chapman & Hall, 2011
2. Nonlinear Difference Equations: Theory with Applications to Social Science Models, Springer (formerly, Kluwer Academic), 2003
3. Difference equations as discrete dynamical systems, Chapter 18 in Handbook of Dynamic Systems Modeling, P. A. Fishwick (Ed.), Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2007
1. Folding, cycles and chaos in planar systems, J. Difference Eq. Appl. 21, 1-15, 2015
2. Dynamics of planar systems that model stage-structured populations (with N. Lazaryan) Discr. Dyn. Nature and Soc. Article ID 137182, 14 pages, 2015
3. Semiconjugate factorization, periodicity and boundedness in nonlinear, higher order difference equations, Comp. Math. Appl., 66, 2231-2238, 2013
4. Complex patterns of spontaneous initiations and terminations of reentrant circulation in a loop of cardiac tissue (with M.A. Wood, J.W. Cain, C-K. Cheng, C.M. Baumgarten and D.M. Chan), Journal of Theoretical Biology, 254, pp.14-26, 2008
5. Criteria for convergence, oscillation and bistability of pulse circulation in a ring of excitable media (with C.M. Kent and M.A. Wood), SIAM Journal of Applied Mathematics, 66, pp.573-590, 2005
6. Periodicity and convergence for x_(n+1) = |x_n - x_(n-1)|, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol.291, pp.31-39, 2004
7. Convergence, Oscillations and Chaos in A Discrete Model of Combat, SIAM Review, vol.44, pp.74-92, 2002
8. The Asymptotic Behavior of a Class of Nonlinear Delay Difference Equations, (with W. Wang) Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol.129, pp.1775-1783, 2000.
9. Inverse Map Characterization of Asymptotic Stability on the Line, Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, vol.29, pp.1505-1519, 1999.
10. A Class of Nonlinear, Second Order Difference Equations from Macroeconomics, Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods and Applications, vol.29, pp.593-603, 1997.
11. A Variant of the Slutsky Equation in a Dynamical Account-Based Model, Economics Letters, vol.50, pp.367-371, 1996
12. On the Relational Basis of Cayley's Theorem and of Similar Representations for Algebras, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, Vol.347, pp.3053-3060, 1995.