Audit and Management Services supports VCU and VCUHS with the following types of services:
- Compliance Audits — a review to determine the level of an organization’s adherence to regulatory guidelines.
- Financial Audits — an evaluation of an organization’s financial reports and financial reporting processes, generally to determine whether they are accurate and complete.
- Information Systems Audits — an examination to determine whether the controls related to information technology are adequate.
- Investigative Reviews — an audit that takes place as a result of a report of unusual or suspicious activity on the part of an individual or a department. It is usually focused on specific aspects of work.
- System Implementation Reviews — a review that covers the development of a new system and the delivery of that system into production (day-to-day business or organization operation).
- Special Requests —an audit, review, or project initiated at the request of management, to execute and report on agreed-upon procedures.
- Advisory Services — a range of consulting services provided to management or a department requiring specialized advice on a particular topic.
- Integrated Audits — an audit that combines two or more types of audits into a single project. For example, a financial audit combined with an audit of information systems would be a type of integrated audit.
- Consolidated Audits — an audit in which specific functions or processes are reviewed across several related entities. An example of a consolidated audit would be an audit of the VCU Health System Pathology Department, the MCVP Department of Pathology and the VCU School of Medicine, Department of Pathology simultaneously.
- Internal Controls Consultation — a review of processes within a given area to determine whether safeguards are adequately designed and operating effectively to prevent impediments to achievement of an entity’s goals.
Audit and Management Services Resources
Request a consultation from University Audit and Management Services — (804) 828-2336.
Request a consultation from Health System Audit and Management Services — (804) 828-0500.
Virginia Legislative Information System (Code of Virginia, Virginia Administrative Code)
Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission
Auditor of Public Accounts
Virginia Office of the State Inspector General
Commonwealth Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual
Code of Federal Regulations