Publications and Presentations
Below are publications and presentations that have grown out of projects done at one or both of our clinic sites.
- Lajthia E, Bucheit JD, Nadpara PA, Dixon DL, Caldas LM, Murchie M, Sisson EM. Combination therapy with once-weekly glucagon like peptide-1 receptor agonists and dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors in type 2 diabetes: a case series. Pharm Pract (Granada). 2019 Oct-Dec;17(4):1588. doi: 10.18549/PharmPract.2019.4.1588. Epub 2019 Dec 12. PMID: 31897252; PMCID: PMC6935552.
- Dixon DL, Sisson EM, Parod ED, Van Tassell BW, Nadpara PA, Carl D, W Dow A. Pharmacist-physician collaborative care model and time to goal blood pressure in the uninsured population. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2018 Jan;20(1):88-95. doi: 10.1111/jch.13150. Epub 2017 Dec 13. PMID: 29237095.
- Mayer SD, Peterfy E, Crossman SH, Phipps LB, Vanderbilt AA. Patient-centeredness and empathy in a bilingual interprofessional primary care teaching clinic: a pilot study. J Multidiscip Healthc. 2016;9:395-400. Published 2016 Aug 23. doi:10.2147/JMDH.S107851.
- Sisson EM, Dixon DL, Kildow DC, Van Tassell BW, Carl DE, Varghese D, Electricwala B, Carroll NV. Effectiveness of a Pharmacist-Physician Team-Based Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Blood Pressure Control at an Inner-City Safety-Net Clinic. Pharmacotherapy. 2016 Mar;36(3):342-7. doi: 10.1002/phar.1710. Epub 2016 Feb 24. PMID: 26917116.
- Concha JB, Mayer SD, Mezuk BR, Avula D. Diabetes Causation Beliefs Among Spanish-Speaking Patients. Diabetes Educ. 2016 Feb;42(1):116-25. doi: 10.1177/0145721715617535. Epub 2015 Nov 13. PMID: 26568376; PMCID: PMC4904724.
- Lajthia E, Bucheit J, Nadpara P, Yau J, and Sisson E. Evaluation of Risks and Benefits of Combination Incretin Therapy (GLP-1 Agonists with DPP4-Inhibitors) in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. 2016 ACCP Annual Conference Abstracts. Pharmacotherapy.
- Parod E, Dixon DL, Sisson EM, Nadpara P, Van Tassell BW, Savage, H, Moczygemba L, Carl D, Dow A. Pharmacist-physician collaborative care model vs. standard care: Assessing time to blood pressure goal. American College of Clinical Pharmacy Virtual Poster Symposium; May 2016.
- McInnis, T. Capps, K. Get the medications right: a nationwide snapshot of expert practices—Comprehensive medication management in ambulatory/community pharmacy. Health2 Resources, May 2016.