Supported by the A.D. Williams Trust Fund, endowment funds designated for specific health sciences research, and the Office of the Vice President for Health Sciences, the Wright Center Endowment Fund supports research that applies discoveries generated in the laboratory and preclinical studies to the development of clinical trials. The fund also supports proposals that seek to understand the biological basis for clinical manifestations. It may also be used by faculty with well-established community-academic partnerships for community-engaged pilot research.
- The goal of this funding mechanism is to allow researchers to collect data that will support external funding for work that ultimately will improve patient and community health outcomes. Individual investigators and small groups of investigators may apply for up to $50,000 for their research, and multi-disciplinary research teams may apply for up to $130,000 to support research that involves collaborators from at least two different VCU schools.
- VCU faculty from both the MCV and Monroe Park campuses are encouraged to apply. Faculty must be paid, at least in part, by VCU to be eligible to apply for Wright Center Endowment Funds.
- Applications including researchers from multiple disciplines are not only encouraged, but highly desirable. In addition, individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for Wright Center Endowment Fund support.
- The submission deadlines for applications are Nov. 1, Feb. 1 and Aug. 1 for individual resarch awards and May 1 for multi-school awards.
- If you have questions, please contact Pam Dillon (email@example.com). Grant applications must be submitted online via RAMS-SPOT internal applications. The internal opportunity number is OP00000101 titled WCCTR Endowment Fund Awards. Please see instructions and checklist links below for more information.
Eligibility Requirements for Individual Awards.pdf
Eligibility Requirements for Multi-School Awards.pdf
Instructions and Checklist for Endowment Fund Grant Application.pdf
Grant Application for Individual Awards.docx
Grant Application for Multi-School Awards.docx