Get in sync with your asynchronous classesInforgraphic [View Image]Click to expand
First things first — have you logged into Blackboard and/or Canvas? Start there to find your class information. The rest of this page, and the links on it, will help you get your courses on track for a successful semester.
Go through all of your class syllabi and find out the following:
- Can I work on this at my own pace or is the pace set by the professor?
- When are assignments due?
- How will the professor communicate with me?
- What are my goals for this course?
- Put important due dates in your planner (yes, make sure you have a planner!).
- Keep track of all your classes with a syllabus matrix.
- Turn on notifications in Canvas to receive course announcements.
- Check Canvas and Blackboard daily for updates.
Plan a schedule
- Schedule time for asynchronous classes as if they were a class that meets in-person.
- Add available SI sessions, professor office hours or help sessions and attend as though they were required.
- Make sure you have yourself “attending” class at least three times a week, with additional study hours.
- View the weekly study schedule.
Set weekly goals
- Choose specific tasks and assignments to accomplish each week, list them by day.
- Write out specific activities to complete for each study session, be as detailed as possible.
Stay accountable and utilize resources
- Find an accountability partner (think friend, parent, sibling, etc.) and check in with them once a week about your progress.
- Attend the virtual office hours your professor offers.
If you are unclear or don’t understand something, just ask! We are all here to support you!