Lobs & Lessons is a youth enrichment program that strengthens life skills, promotes academics, and creates a path to higher education through the sport of tennis.
Six Core Values of Lobs & Lessons Programming
- Getting along with others
- Regulating emotion
- Being coachable
- Practicing healthy habits
- Learning the sport of tennis
- Promoting college and career exploration
Impact Statements for Lobs & Lessons Programming
- Provide civic engagement and career discovery opportunities for VCU students.
- Explore and promote career and college pathways with youth.
- Develop/Build a tennis pipeline for youth, families and community members.
- Cultivate/Develop/Build social emotional learning skills in staff and youth.
Lobs & Lessons Program Staff
Guy Walton, Jamie Smoot and Roma Kankaria