The School of Dentistry has a long history of educating practitioners capable of meeting the oral health care needs of the communities they serve. The school provides opportunities for selected, qualified individuals to study dentistry under the most favorable conditions and in accordance with the standards established by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association.
The degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery is awarded to graduates of the school’s professional program and the Bachelor of Science degree to graduates of the dental hygiene program. Students in the Advanced Education Program receive a specialty certificate and, in some cases, a Master of Science in Dentistry degree.
The facilities of the School of Dentistry are housed in the VCU Dental Building 1, Lyons and Perkinson buildings at the VCU Medical Center. Get directions.
Departments and divisions of instruction
- Department of Endodontics
- Department of General Practice
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Oral Diagnostic Sciences
- Department of Oral Health Promotion and Community Outreach
- Department of Orthodontics
- Department of Pediatric Dentistry
- Department of Periodontics
- Department of Prosthodontics
- Philips Institute for Oral Health Research