The majority of applicants who are invited to interview complete their application before Sept. 1.
For assistance accessing information related to our programs, please contact the Office of Admissions at (804) 828-9196.
Important dates for applicants
|June 1||Earliest date to submit AADSAS applications|
|Mid-November||Beginning of the AADSAS Academic Update period|
|Dec. 1*||Deadline to take the DAT|
|Jan. 1||Application submission deadline|
|Mid-February||Ending of the AADSAS Academic Update period|
|April 1||End of interview cycle|
* DAT score more than three years old at the time of application will not be considered.
Important dates for accepted applicants
|Jan. 1||Deadline to submit tuition deposit for candidates accepted Dec. 1|
|March 1||Deadline to submit tuition deposit for candidates accepted in February|
|May 1||Deadline for submission of social security numbers for financial aid consideration|
|June 1||Deadline to release Certiphi criminal background check|
|July 1||Deadline for final bachelors degree transcripts showing degree conferral to arrive in our office|
We highly recommend for students to check their “status” on the application tool bar or email inquiries to email@example.com.
- Apply through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS). AADSAS, a service of the American Dental Education Association, is an online centralized application service for students.
- Submit three (3) letters of Recommendation through AADSAS
- Two letters from life science professors who have had the candidate as a student
- One letter from a dentist practicing in the U.S. or Canada who knows the candidate's professional abilities through shadowing or volunteer work
Letters of recommendation and official transcripts should be sent directly to AADSAS.
Pay our application fee of $85 directly to Virginia Commonwealth University, which is separate from that of AADSAS
- Pay online to avoid any delays in the application process
- Alternatively, submit a check by mail
- You must include full legal name and AADSAS ID number if mailing items to our office
Please submit your AADSAS application before submitting your application fee.