Report an incidentTitle IX Report an incidentReview the process
Title IX card
Use the Title IX Support and Report Resources Card as a quick reference to guide responsible employee reporting.
All VCU employees must report incidents of prohibited conduct to the Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in the Interim Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy or the Interim Sex-Based Misconduct Policy. Only confidential employees, including licensed medical, clinical, and mental health professionals as defined in the policy, are exempt from disclosing information without an individual’s permission except as required by law.
If you have experienced prohibited conduct, you may report it to the university, law enforcement or both. VCU urges any person with knowledge of an incident to report it immediately using the following options:
File a report
Contact VCU’s Title IX Coordinator or any deputy Title IX Coordinator:
- Title IX Coordinator, (804) 828-1347 or email@example.com
- Reuban Rodriguez, deputy Title IX Coordinator for students, (804) 828-8941 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathleen C. Burke, deputy Title IX Coordinator for employees, (804) 828-3248 or email@example.com
- Sofia A. Hiort-Wright, deputy Title IX Coordinator for athletics, (804) 828-2184 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact law enforcement in case of emergencies, safety concerns or criminal matters:
- 911 (emergencies); (804) 646-5100 (non-emergencies)
- VCU Police (804) 828-1234 (emergencies); (804) 828-1196 (non-emergencies)
- John Venuti, Chief of VCU Police, (804) 828-1210
Use the VCU Helpline
- VCU’s confidential Ethics and Compliance Helpline website for online reporting allows for anonymous reporting.
Complaints should be filed under this policy within two years of the date of the alleged incident. The university will evaluate complaints filed later than that to determine whether supportive or interim measures are needed by the complainant, whether a continuing threat to the university community exists, and whether a formal investigation is warranted and practically feasible.