Military & Veteran Resources
- VCU Military Student Services (804-828-6563) helps students transition successfully from military to civilian life at VCU. Their knowledgeable staff assists students in receiving government benefits and accessing resources specific to the needs of service members and veterans. Please call for more information or stop by to connect with other students who share similar experiences and values.
- Student Veterans Association at VCU is a student-run organization dedicated to providing support and camaraderie to students who are veterans, as well as to students who are dependents of veterans.
- Student Accessibility & Educational Opportunity or SAEO (804-828-2253) provides reasonable accommodations and services to students with disabilities enrolled on VCU's Monroe Park Campus. The Division for Academic Success or DAS (804-828-9782) provides similar services to students in the VCU Health Sciences schools.
- University Counseling Services (804-828-6200 at Monroe Park & 804-828-3694 at MCV) offers free individual and group therapy to VCU students.
- Health Promotion and Well-Being Center or the Well (804-828-WELL)
- McGuire VA Medical Center (804-675-5000)
- Richmond Vet Center (804-353-8958 or 877-927-8387) provides a broad range of counseling, outreach, and referral services to combat veterans and their families. All services are free and confidential. Click on the following link for more information about vet centers.
- Give An Hour is an organization that provides free and confidential mental health services to post-9/11 veterans, service members, and their families. Services are provided by licensed professionals who volunteer their time and expertise.
- Veterans Crisis Line/Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-8255, Press 1 for veterans)
- Team RWB (Red White and Blue) is a nonprofit that connects veterans to their local communities through physical and social activities.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars or VFW (804-288-9597) is a veterans service organization dedicated to veterans service, legislative advocacy, and military and community service programs.