Faculty who need help with University Supported Applications should email
Students and Non-Consultation Requests
Please contact the IT Support Center:
Who We Are
A team of skilled individuals - Technical System Administrators and Experienced Learning Support Specialists.
- The perfect blend of skills to facilitate delivery and support of teaching and learning technologies
- Alignment of resources to support innovative uses of technology in education
- Organizationally positioned in Academic Technologies, an integral part of Technology Services
What We Do
- Aligning resources and skills, Learning Systems supports the innovative uses of technology in education by maintaining and supporting specific technologies identified by the University for teaching and learning.
- Maintain and ensure consistent functionality and data integrity for all LS systems.
- Provide technical expertise.
- Deliver specialized end-user support.
How We Enhance It
Learning Systems collaborates with departments throughout the University to explore new technologies that provide faculty with the necessary tools and resources to create technology-enhanced courses that will engage their students. Learning Systems maintains and supports a variety of tools, applications and integrated components to enhance the primary systems we provide.
- Coordinate pilot programs, implementation and maintenance of add-on components and applications.
- Explore new technologies.
- Upgrade systems and their components to ensure compatible versions are in place.
- Collaborate with other VCU departments and schools, and other Universities.
- Implement and maintain integration with other campus systems.
How We Support It
- Timely communication of information to faculty, staff and students
- Email, phone, or virtual (i.e. Zoom) support
- Develop and maintain documentation of online and printed resources for faculty, staff and students.
- Respond and resolve help requests from faculty, staff and students.
- Perform routine system maintenance and monitoring.
- Plan, communicate and implement system upgrades and fixes.
- Utilize all resources--maintain dynamic working relationships with vendors and their support technicians.
- Outreach - participate in campus events to promote our services and answer questions.
Learning System's Guidelines and Procedures
- Blackboard System Usage Policy
- Blackboard User Removal/Cleanup Procedure
- New Building Block Request Procedure
- Blackboard Content System Content Procedure
- Adding an Instructor to Another Instructor's Bb Procedure
- Blackboard Course Deletion Procedure
- Blackboard Course Retention and Removal Procedure
- Blackboard Organizations for Students Procedure
- Blackboard Special Request Procedure
- Blackboard Organization Deletion Procedure
- Blackboard Course Restore Procedure
- Faculty Rights Procedure
- Procedure for Implementing Blackboard Content Campus-wide
- Faculty Course Restore Request Procedure
- Organization Cleanup and Retention
- Copyright Compliance Policy
- Assessment Issues Procedure and Responsibilities