Minor in Mathematics FAQ

Please see the VCU Bulletin for the current requirements for a Minor in Mathematics. Your specific requirements are determined by the Effective Catalog year for your minor, normally the same as your major. Use the VCU Archive Bulletins to find your specific requirements.

In order to declare a Minor in Mathematics, you must complete the Change of Minor form.

Before you apply to graduate, make sure that your minor in mathematics is showing in Degree Works. If you do not see the minor, please submit a Change of Minor form. You no longer need to specifically apply to graduate with a minor.

Students who are majoring in Mathematical Sciences may not declare a minor in mathematics.

Students who are minoring in Mathematics are not assigned a Mathematics advisor. If you have questions, please contact Department Advisor.

View graphic versionView graphic version