Expertise in two disciplines
Founded in 1989, the Med-Peds program at Virginia Commonwealth University has a long history of graduating exceptional internist-pediatricians. Our integrated curriculum allows residents to develop depth and expertise in each discipline while maintaining work-life balance.
Accolades & Recognition
- First Magnet® hospital in Virginia (2006)
- Virginia’s first level 1 pediatric trauma center (2013)
- American Hospital Association – McKesson Quest for Quality Prize (2014)
- ACGME and Gold Foundation DeWitt C. Baldwin, Jr. Award (2017)
- VCU was ranked No. 1 in Virginia on Forbes' list of "Best Employers for Diversity" (2018)
- Higher Education Excellence Award (2019), with distinction as a Diversity Champion
- VCU Health System was recognized as the No. 1 hospital in the Richmond metro area for the 10th consecutive year by US News & World Report. VCU Health also ranks as the No. 2 “Best Hospital” in Virginia. The Children’s Hospital of Richmond (CHoR) was ranked among the nation’s top 50 children’s hospitals in 4 specialties: cancer, nephrology, pulmonology, and urology.