We shape the future of nursing through the power of education, discovery and collaboration.
VCU School of Nursing will be the destination for those committed to transforming health care.
- Integrity: Adhering to the highest standards of honesty, respect and ethics
- Compassion: Identifying and understanding the perspective, experiences, or motivations of others; acting on a desire to alleviate the suffering of or help others
- Diversity: Ensuring a climate of trust, honesty and integrity where all people and ideas are valued; recognizing differences as an asset
- Innovation: Cultivating discovery, creativity, originality, inventiveness, and talent
- Collaboration: Fostering collegiality and cooperation to advance learning, entrepreneurship and inquiry
Aligned with the core values expressed in VCU's Quest 2025: Together We Transform and the VCU Code of Conduct, we provide services that benefit the profession and promote the health and well-being of diverse individuals, families and communities, as outlined in the VCU School of Nursing Diversity Plan.
Our Strategic Plan
In our 125th year, VCU School of Nursing faculty, staff, students and stakeholders enthusiastically engaged in conversations about our future, the future of nursing and the future of health care. Our Strategic Plan for 2018-2023, Beyond 125: Connecting Our Legacy to the Future, builds on our legacy and guides us into the future toward our vision as a destination for those committed to transforming health care.