Tammy E. Williams, Ph.D., MS, RNClinical Assistant Professor and Director, Undergraduate Programs
Department of Adult Health and Nursing Systems
1100 East Leigh Street, Room 3001G
Richmond, VA 23298-0567
I teach in the undergraduate program, in both the didactic and clinical settings. I primarily teach Nursing of Adults I, Community Health, and RN to BS courses. I am also the RN to BS Coordinator.
The primary focus of my current scholarship is incivility in nursing and how it impacts student outcomes. I am also involved in global health initiatives and how these experiences transform learning.
I am an active member of the Virginia Nurses Association (VNA), American Nurses Association (ANA), National League for Nursing (NLN), and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. I currently serve as a board member for the Chapter 5 VNA. I am a member of the Advisory Board for John Tyler Community College’s Nursing Program. I am currently working with the VCCS BSN Alliance.
- B.S. Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- M.S. – Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- B.S.- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- M.S.- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA Women’s Health
- Post Masters Certificate- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Mental Health Nursing
- Ph.D.- Capella University, Minneapolis, MN Education
- Grace E. Harris Leadership Institute Class of 2020
- Williams, T., McGinnis, S., Miles, E. (2019, July). Affordable Course Content for RN to BS Courses (NURS 301, 307 and 308), submitted to the 2019 Affordable Course Content Committee at VCU, award received $10,000.
- Williams, T. (2019, March). "Minorities in Nursing: The Experience of Incivility in Nursing Education". Poster session presented at the annual ATI Nurse Educator Summit, Savannah, GA.
- Williams, T. (2018, September) “The Elephant in the Room: Incivility in Nursing Podium presentation presented at Greater Richmond Area Chapter (GRAC) of the American Association of Critical-care Nurses (AACN), Richmond, VA.