Sigma's mission is advancing world health and celebrating nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership and service.
The Gamma Omega Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing was established at Virginia Commonwealth University in 1978.
We offer a fellowship, scholarship, grant and award of excellence each year. Learn more about qualifications and how to apply for each of the following:
- Graduate Student Leadership Intern Fellowship (Annual deadline: September, 30, 2020)
- Lynn Bell Undergraduate Scholarship (Annual deadline: Application closed for Fall, 2020)
- Nursing Science and Practice Grant (Annual deadline: Dec. 1)
- Awards of Excellence (Annual deadline: April 15)
Board of Directors
- President: Morgan Knowles
- Vice president: Leigh Ann Breckenridge
- Secretary: Bev George-Gay
- Treasurer: Christine Turner
- Counselor: Dana Burns
- Membership Involvement Chair: Jean Marie Digges
- Governance Chair: Nickie Damico
- Leadership Succession Chair: Karen Mellott
- Awards: Jo Lynne Robins
- Publicity Chair: Rehana Glod
If you have questions regarding membership, events, or anything else related to the Gamma Omega Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, please email email@example.com.