Fall 2021 Admission
- Application Opens: 9/1/2020
- Application Closes: 8/1/2021
- Decision Notification: On-Going
The School of Nursing offers two Ph.D. concentrations for full-time or part-time study, with M.S. to Ph.D. or B.S. to Ph.D. admission options available:
- Biobehavioral Research
- Health Care Quality Research
Your initial choice of concentration on your application does not preclude consideration of the other concentration. The choice of concentration will be based on your research interest during the interview.
The Ph.D. Program has a two-part application process:
- The NursingCAS Application ($70 fee)
- VCU Supplemental Information Application ($70 fee)
Both applications open September 1st and close August 1st and must be submitted by the deadline for admissions consideration, no exceptions!
- No GRE Required!
- Create and complete the NursingCAS Application
- Complete the VCU Supplemental Information Application (instructions located in NursingCAS)
- Submit a full-nonrefundable payment for the NursingCAS and VCU Supplemental Information Application
- Regularly monitor your email to follow up on issues such as transcripts and reference delays
Required Documents (instructions located in NursingCAS)