School of Nursing recognizes its newest graduates
The VCU School of Nursing (SON) recognized 201 new graduates at the Spring 2021 Commencement Ceremony held May 14 at the Siegel Center. This was the first in-person graduation since the COVID-19 pandemic. University safety protocols were followed.
SON faculty member Daphne Terrell, DNP, M.S., RN, CNRN, assistant professor, was among this year's graduates. She received the Ann B. Hamric Award that recognizes a graduating DNP student who exemplifies leadership in an advanced practice role and whose DNP project creates sustainable practice improvement in the field of quality and safety. Terrell's project was "Exploring the Concept of Grit Linked to Staff Retention in Acute Care."
Other award winners were:
- Yingling Senior Achievement Award - Rebecca Blackford
- Mabel Montgomery Award - Sydney James
- Mayme B. Wilson Lacy Award - Emily Morgan
- Marguerite Nicholson Award - Ian Tewksbury
- Temple Memorial Award - Rhonda Chambers
- Ann B. Hamric Award - Daphne Terrell
- Martha M. Borlick Research Award - Tara D. Wood