Take the next step
Ready to partner on a tailor-made training solution for your organization? Contact us today to get started.
Let’s design a solution together.
Training shouldn’t be one-size-fits-all. That’s why we treat every organization as unique, working with you to tweak, enhance or design from scratch the ideal program to suit your needs.
Through the combined expertise of our Office of Continuing and Professional Education staff and our extensive list of internal and external partners, we customize training opportunities to advance the knowledge and skills of your employees. Virginia Commonwealth University claims more than 3,200 instructional faculty and adjunct instructors, an academic medical center, long-standing community relationships and a central location in Virginia’s capital, which provide our office with ample resources. We serve all sectors and industries, including K-12, corporate, nonprofit, state and federal agencies and military.
Working with you, we will:
- Conduct a needs assessment to identify issues, gaps in skills and opportunities to improve performance
- Determine a training budget
- Research and secure a subject matter expert/instructor
- Develop training content in collaboration with the instructor
- Determine the best possible training delivery and location
Our areas of expertise
While we can craft any program from scratch, we also have some areas in which we specialize. Here are a few:
Counseling and Behavioral Health Continuing Education Program
Language classes for community groups and organizations
We can customize language and cultural competency classes for industry-based needs including health care, emergency services, education, nonprofit sector, government and business. Classes are offered to community groups and agencies with at least 10 students and can be arranged on or off campus. Classes are competitively priced and can be offered as for-credit or noncredit options. We tailor all languages and cultural competency classes to the organization being served and the students in the class.
A tradition of partnerships
Our practice of developing successful training programs extends to partners across the commonwealth. These past and current partners include:
- Chesapeake Bay Academy: Ongoing support for life sciences program for K-12 science teachers.
- Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board: Partner for clinical supervision training for Addiction Studies.
- LERN: Partner for a variety of online learning classes.
- Prince William County Public Schools: Partner in community education for creative bookmaking.
- Regency: Partner for 3rd Wednesdays Community Series.
- Smithsonian Natural History Museum and the American Art Museum: Ongoing support of teacher enrichment programs.
- VDOE Educator Workshops and Institues: Including Vocal Music Institute and Studio Art Workshops.
- Virginia Geriatric Education Center’s Faculty Development Program: Provided logistical support.
- Virginia Municipal Clerks Association: Development of institutes, academies, and Athenian Dialogues approved by the International Institute of Municipal Clerks.
- Virginia Society for Technology in Education (VSTE): EdTechRVA
- Virginia Surveyors Association: Credit and noncredit training opportunities for VSA members.
- VCUarts Department of Music: Partnering for the presentation of the World Drumming Workshop.
- VCU Department of Rehabilitation Counseling: Partnering for the delivery of Addiction Studies Continuing Education.
- Ongoing delivery of cultural competency and language programs to the VCU, VCU Medical Center and Richmond communities.